For those who don’t know I work for a clothing company as a designer. We recently had a accessories vendor show us some of their pieces. When they left, they left behind several bags. I guess they had to much to bring home.
So…We got to pick a piece or two! So you know most of these were just available fabric and color so they were not the prettiest things! But here was one of my picks:
I really liked this bag with the braiding and stitching details but the orange color was not working for me. Here are some more pictures from before:
I decided to over-dye it with RIT dye in black. I had no idea if it would even work but since the bag was free I had nothing to lose!
I followed the instructions on the package, but I did use the entire package of dye. Next, after washing them out with cold water, I let them air dry outside. Here was my initial color results.
After drying for about 24 hours the final color was a purple/black mix. The fabric and thread didn’t take all the dye since some orange was still showing through. Overall, it’s not a bad color, it looks worn in which I like. Afterwards, I realized I probalby should have used dye in a brown color, it probalby would have gone better with the original orange color.
Here are more final pics. Enjoy!