After we picked out the granite we needed to finish prepping the cabinets for installation. I never took pictures of this particular counter top at this stage, but here is our master bath in the same stage.
Meanwhile, I started prepping the cabinets for their new finish. I took off all the doors and made sure to label them. Then I cleaned down the cabinet box and all the doors with a TSP solution. This takes longer than you would think, especially if their really dirty. I let everything dry overnight and then finally gave everything a light sanding.
Here’s my before of the cabinet color. Now that the prep work was done I was ready to do my first coat of stain. I wanted to give General Finishes Oil Based Stain in Java a try. This product is all-over Pinterest and only costs under $25 for the pint; I had to give it a try!
Pinterest // Facebook // Etsy // Instagram // Twitter // Bloglovin