Blanket Ladder Refresh

Today I’m sharing my new found love for a chalk finish paint line called Prairie Colors.  Their paint is made in the US, its Eco-friendly and they offer some amazing colors, 26 to be exact! Best of all, it dries to a durable finish and you don’t have to wax it if you don’t want to.

I had the perfect project that needed some updating and I’ve been putting it off for some time, this Blanket Ladder.

It was old and your standard boring stain color, so painting it was a obvious choice.

The Prairie Color paint I chose to use was Chain Link. Its the perfect cool grey.

Here’s some before shots of the ladder.

There was no prep work required, just a quick wipe down and ready to go. This paint was so easy to work with, I only needed to apply 1 coat with some minor touch ups. Plus it dried so quickly for me.

Now for more after shots! I’m in love with this ladder now.

Doesn’t it look amazing?
Enjoy!

***I received a free Paint Sample from Prairie Colors in exchange for writing a review on my blog. All opinions are my own.***

signature

Related posts:

Office {One Room Challenge}, Week 4

Week 4 of the One Room Challenge has definitely been the hardest yet. I realized how much I have left to do and how little time. It also doesn’t help that I got sick this past weekend so my pace was pretty slow. But looking on the brighter side I made a dent in my desk makeover.
I ended up painting 2 full coats which easily took about 1 1/2 hours per coat. There’s so much detail to paint and it definitely takes a long time if you want your brush strokes clean.

I think I only need 1 more coat then I’m done! I really wish I would have used chalk paint on this project, thus eliminating all the extra coats.

My husband and I also realized how are we going to get this thing in our house… Its so massive and heavy. So, next weeks big goal is to move it from the garage into the office. Then I’ll finish painting. I also figure it will need some touch up after the move.

In other news; I hung some white curtains I purchased from Ikea, only to realize the curtain rod I had was too small. I decided rather than spending $35-40 on a new rod I would try to make one. I purchased my supplies and plan to assemble it tonight.

I also started another art project. Here’s a little peak of what I’m making. I can already tell you my original plan didn’t work out so I had to go back to the drawling board. But I’ll share the full tutorial later.

I also started my light project. This room is the only room in our downstairs without recessed lighting. So eliminating the option to install lighting I opted to try and make a hanging light pendant. I plan to take this Geo Terrarium and turn it into a light fixture with this jute rope electrical cord kit.

I also purchased a Edison style bulb from lowes, but when I tried it at home I felt like it was too yellow.

So I purchased this clear style Edison bulb from Color Cord Company.

I should get it in a couple days then I can finish up the light. This has been my favorite project for this entire room, so I hope it turns out as I imagine it.

This next week I really hope to move the desk in the office, hang some shelves, the light, and the new curtain rod; then my final week will be the little things. Will see if that happens!

If you missed Week 1: check it out here.
If you missed Week 2: check it out here.
If you missed Week 3: check it out here.

Make sure to come back every Thursday and see the progress of the room. Also make sure to check out the other participants HERE, along with the linking participants HERE.

Till next week…Enjoy!

signature

Related posts: