This post is sponsored by Real California Milk but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
One of my favorite Fall snacks or appetizers is this Spicy Cranberry dip served with Cream Cheese on Crostini. There’s something so addicting to sweet and spicy foods, and knowing it’s healthy is a added bonus.
What’s funny is that I don’t like cranberries. I mean at ALL! Not cranberry juice, jam, or just as is. I remember the first time I tried a dip similar to this I only did to be nice to the person who made it. But once I had that first bite I was hooked! The tartness of the cranberry is contrasted by the spice of the jalapeño and it’s all balanced out by the delicious creme cheese!
So, this is my take on the favorite Cranberry dip!
Here’s how to make it:
- 8oz Creme Cheese block made made with Real California Milk! California dairy is a source for quality, sustainable dairy foods while also being a healthy source of protein. You’ll want to look out for the seal on dairy products with “Made with Real California Milk!”
- 12 oz Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Baguette, sliced & toasted
- Chop the cilantro and green onion into small pieces.
- Add the cranberries, cilantro, green onion, and jalapeño to your food processor and chop.
- Leave about half the seeds to make it spicy.
- Once chopped, move it into a bowl and add the sugar, ground cumin, and lemon juice.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge overnight. This allows for the flavors to fully mix.
- Slice and toast the baguette.
- Spread the softened creme cheese on the crostini. When it comes to creme cheese or dairy products I always use items with the seal of “Made with Real California Milk!” The Real California Milk seal means the product is made with 100 percent milk from California’s 1,300 dairy farm families. It’s always great to support local and California dairies are 99% family owned and operated!
- Finally, top with the cranberry dip and serve!
These Spicy Cranberry & Cream Cheese Crostini’s will sure to be a hit; whether it’s just a healthy snack at home, or served as a family gathering appetizer, everyone will love it! Even the cranberry skeptics like me!
Plus, using Real California milk and dairy products are a healthy, tasty way to get essential vitamins and minerals. With California dairy you get real food from real people.