Hello! If your discovering my blog through the “One Room Challenge” I’m so happy your here! I’m back this year to complete a new Rustic Glam Nursery for my daughter that’s due to be born in June. In case you missed my Office makeover from the last One Room Challenge I participated in, you can catch up on all the posts here:
If you haven’t heard about the One Room Challenge its hosted by Calling It Home. The challenge goes on for 6 weeks where I’ll update you each Thursday with the progress I’ve made.
To kick things off here are the before pictures of the room I’m working with. It was previously my 2 year old’s bedroom. I have some of the furniture in the room in the place I want it to be.
I have so much planned for this space and I really hope I can get it done, not to mention I’m currently pregnant! Here’s my inspiration board. The colors I plan to use are grey and white with accents in aqua and lavender.
So, here’s my plan for the room:
- Add a faux Ship-lap wall in white to all walls. I only plan to make it 1/2 the wall.
- Paint the rest of the room grey.
- Possibly paint a accent wall with a fun pattern.
- New window treatments
- Paint the crib grey
- Refinish a IKEA Malm dresser
- Build some small shelf’s to store books
- Find a new chair & pillows
- Replace the door hardware
- Replace the closet doors
- Add wood details to a old IKEA Expedit bookshelf
- Build some new wall shelf’s
- New wall art
- Build a changing table
- New lighting
- New rug
- Finally add all the finishing touches
I feel like there’s so much more I have planned and only 6 weeks to do it all. I hope you’ll join me every Thursday and see the progress of the room. And thanks so much for stopping by; if your new to my blog visiting from the challenge you can follow me here:
Pinterest // Facebook // Etsy // Instagram // Twitter // Bloglovin