Week 4 of the One Room Challenge has definitely been the hardest yet. I realized how much I have left to do and how little time. It also doesn’t help that I got sick this past weekend so my pace was pretty slow. But looking on the brighter side I made a dent in my desk makeover.
I ended up painting 2 full coats which easily took about 1 1/2 hours per coat. There’s so much detail to paint and it definitely takes a long time if you want your brush strokes clean.
I think I only need 1 more coat then I’m done! I really wish I would have used chalk paint on this project, thus eliminating all the extra coats.
My husband and I also realized how are we going to get this thing in our house… Its so massive and heavy. So, next weeks big goal is to move it from the garage into the office. Then I’ll finish painting. I also figure it will need some touch up after the move.
In other news; I hung some white curtains I purchased from Ikea, only to realize the curtain rod I had was too small. I decided rather than spending $35-40 on a new rod I would try to make one. I purchased my supplies and plan to assemble it tonight.
I also started another art project. Here’s a little peak of what I’m making. I can already tell you my original plan didn’t work out so I had to go back to the drawling board. But I’ll share the full tutorial later.
I also started my light project. This room is the only room in our downstairs without recessed lighting. So eliminating the option to install lighting I opted to try and make a hanging light pendant. I plan to take this Geo Terrarium and turn it into a light fixture with this jute rope electrical cord kit.
This next week I really hope to move the desk in the office, hang some shelves, the light, and the new curtain rod; then my final week will be the little things. Will see if that happens!