I bought this nightstand and dresser set on craigslist about 6 months ago. After sitting in our garage for about a month I finally tackled the project. It still had all the original finishing’s which I researched the piece to be dated back about 50 years. So…in other words it was kinda gross!
I decided to sand and stain the top with Min-wax Poly Shades; Stain & Polyurethane in 1 Step, in Bombay Mahogany. For the rest of the nightstand I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in “Old White”. I wish the “Pure White” was available then because the old white is a little too cream/yellow for my tastes. This stuff is amazing though, and soo easy to use if you haven’t tried it. I did need to use 2 coats of the paint even though it states you only need 1.
For the hardware I used Rust-Olem Universal Metallic spray paint in Oil Rubbed Bronze. I LOVE spray paint and how easy it is to use.
Next, I lined all the drawers with a aqua damask fabric from Joann’s Fabric. First, I measured every drawer, then cut out the fabric, then I decided to use Mod Podge to glue them in place.
I finished it with Min-Wax Wipe-On polyurethane. Make sure to wipe-on evenly and not too heavy; otherwise, you’ll have areas that dry yellow.
Once everything was complete, something was off… I realized I didn’t like the contrast of the wire grid. So, I went back and painted it with the chalk paint and slightly distressed it.
Here are some more pics. Next time I’ll show you the matching dresser.
Pinterest // Facebook // Etsy // Instagram // Twitter // Bloglovin